Thursday, June 9, 2011

AWOL and Thank God for Blog Buddies!

I've been AWOL from my blog as well as my new life plan. I got completely off track the past week and was too embarassed and ashamed to write about it.

How stupid can you get? That's the whole point of blogging each day -- so that you can admit when you've blown it and get back on track. Sigh!

So there I was, beating myself up over it, and I decided to start catching up on my blog buddies sites. Wow! Why did I wait so long to do that? You all are an amazing bunch that so inspire me! There were so many comments that went right to the issues I had been facing all week. Just what I needed to hear.

I think two things are really going to help me get back into the battle of a new life style. One was a comment that my brother-in-law posted on Facebook:

"You cannot take charge of the present if you are busy reliving the setbacks of the past."

That was a great reminder that when I fail to meet my goals, I need to confess it to God, ask forgiveness, and then let it go. I tend to wallow too much.

The second help was that so many of you set specific, measurable goals for the day, the week, and the month. I really haven't done that other than really general goals.

So I am going to sleep tonight happy and ready to continue the fight tomorrow. I will think about some specific goals and then work to meet them.

Thanks you all!

1 comment: