Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hip, Hip, Away, Away!

I have had a bunch of things to celebrate the past few days. First of all, I am officially in a smaller size! I have been tugging up my pants, so I decided to try on a smaller pair of jeans. To my amazement, a size 20 fit perfectly -- not too tight -- just right! Hooray!

We also went today to sign up for a new apartment in Irvine. We found a complex that we fell in love with. It is only 1 mile for Alan to walk to work. We figure most days I will walk with him, since I try to walk at least 2 miles in the morning anyway.

The complex is also next to a 44 mile long bike/hiking trail that goes both north and south. You can actually take it about 10 miles down to the Pacific Ocean, or north up past Tustin to several different parks. Since we love to walk, this is just perfect! We may just go to Walmart and pick up a couple of bicycles, too.

Our new apartment is on the 3rd floor, so Alan joked that we were getting a new "stairmaster" for free! Across the street is a shopping center with a grocery, pharmacy, and just about anything else you might need. So I won't need the car to go shopping.

We are really pleased and hope to move in around the first week in July.

Meanwhile, I had some birthday goodies today -- so way too many calories. However, I did do 10,230 steps for 3.71 miles, so it wasn't all bad.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wonderful news! A new size...its such a thrill and such a piece of tangible evidence what you're doing is really making a difference!
    Yeeeeees! For theSize 20's Well done!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on the new size and the new exercise venue called an apartment!!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete